Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Not Another Blog About Social Media...


I'll admit it, sometimes it is very hard for me to find something PR related to write for my blog. Not that I don't enjoy blogging, but I would rather be blogging about my current favorite song or my plans for the summer (but I think I would be the only one reading it!) I try to find things in my everyday life that can relate to PR but many are not long enough for a blog post...So around this time every week I check many websites and Twitter pages to find something that sparks my eye. If you look at previous post that I made, many have to do with social media. Imagine my surprise when I come across Stop writing about social media to be a successful blogger

Woah, really?! I had to read on!

The blogger points out that social media is an obsession for many people and something that we all have in common. This would make for a good topic to blog about but social media is something that can not be placed in a box, it covers many different facets. It is individual to every different user and we each use it differently. Something we all can take away from the blog is that writing about social media does not make us experts but actually using it and finding new and innovative ways to use it. Be an influencer, not an observer. Get out there and start something! Be original and don't just go with the flow. So this is not another post saying how much I love Twitter or that PR Open Mic is pretty niffty but one telling you to step out and try something new! 

1 comment: