Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Times They Are A Changing...


Growing up I always knew that I wanted to go into the communication field. Little did I know that I would be graduating during one of the worst economic downturns our country has ever seen! My professor posted this Annual Survey of Journalism & Mass Communication Graduates thanks to the people at Grady College at UGA. The info and statistics in this survey are not very surprising to me, but it still scares me to think about what I am going to do once I graduate in May.

One of the ways that I am trying to combat this economic downturn is to be a well rounded PR student. I am minoring in Spanish in order to broaden my skills and hopefully make me more marketable for employers. The Mass Communication Department at my university has done a great job preparing it's students for the real world and I think this past year's graduates can attest to this. Many people who graduated in May have now found jobs despite the economy at newspapers, television stations, and ad agencies. These connections that we have will hopefully benefit us in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment